Sometimes we have nothing to compare our lives to and we wonder if what we do is right or if there is a better way? Does going to bed early make you healthy, wealthy and wise? Some people seem to have it all sorted – or do they? There is so much misinformation out there – the answer is we have to use what works for us and if we have the best intention and have direction and focus, in all facets of our life, most of the time, success will follow. The best thing is there are resources, like this blog, to help you get the best out of sleep. Here a list of questions we might ponder and will probably never know the ones that involve others:
1. how well do I sleep?
2. why can’t I go to bed earlier?
3. do I really look fresh everyday?
4. my friend looks great – is it because of sleep?
5. why don’t my friends seem honest about how much sleep they have?
6. why do people make out they go to bed early?
7. why it is accepted that we may trouble with sleep because we are excited?
8. what routine do people follow to get their kids to bed?
9. what people do at night instead of sleep?
10. why is sleep such a competition?
… we don’t need to know what others do – just trust in yourself.
You may enjoy this recent TED talk on why we sleep – it may change your ideas about sleep: http://www.ted.com/talks/russell_foster_why_do_we_sleep.html